[ABANDONED] No reaction on "Read Recorded data"

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] No reaction on "Read Recorded data"

Hello, I`m using SystemView 3.10 with FreeRTOS 10.3.1 on STM32F756 with Nucleo board reflashed to J-Link OB.
    Start and stop Recording works fine: I see parts of log (with lost data) due to slow interface in J-Link OB.
    But I cannot read data recorded in post-mortem mode. I've tried to read data after target halting by IDE or Ozone and also tried to read data on running target after calling SEGGER_SYSVIEW_Stop().
    I use the following configuration (except defaults):

C Source Code

1. #define SEGGER_SYSVIEW_POST_MORTEM_MODE 1
    2. #define SEGGER_SYSVIEW_RTT_BUFFER_SIZE 4096
    3. ...
    4. SEGGER_SYSVIEW_Start();// with first Thread startup.
    When I press "Read Recorded data" in SystemView GUI 3.10 (Win32), nothing is happened. I also try previous version of GUI 2.52d (without changing of target code): this one asks me about recorder configuration (USB, SWD, 4000kHz, RTT Auto) and shows messagebox "0 bytes recording read from target system".
    Could you correct me, please, what I'm doing wrong? What should be double-checked? As I understand, the reading from a halted microcontroller without calling SEGGER_SYSVIEW_Stop() should be available in post-mortem mode, shouldn't it?
  • Hello,

GaSSiS wrote:

Could you correct me, please, what I'm doing wrong? What should be double-checked? As I understand, the reading from a halted microcontroller without calling SEGGER_SYSVIEW_Stop() should be available in post-mortem mode, shouldn't it?
    Correct. Did you follow the steps explained in the SystemView user manual in section 3.11.3?
    Is your target device reset somehow so the SystemView data in RAM may become corrupted or deleted?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • SEGGER - Nino wrote:

Did you follow the steps explained in the SystemView user manual in section 3.11.3?
    Is your target device reset somehow so the SystemView data in RAM may become corrupted or deleted?
    Thank you for answer. Yes, I read this manual and when I included the SystemView code in my project, I took this point into account.
    Even when there is no reset, I cannot read the data: I start the project from the connected j-link and then halt it. The project, after resuming, is executed further, but neither in the halted mode nor in the runing mode after the SEGGER_SYSVIEW_Stop(), the SystemView data is not read.