ukrainian fonts convert

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi,

you can do that with the FontConverter. You have to load a font into the tool that contains the Ukranian letters, select the letters you want to have in your C file and save the result as a C file.

Best regards,

Florian
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • Thank you for the fast reply,

I have generated .c file using attached pattern .txt with Antialiased 4bpp and 16 bit unicode . it dint work .

And I have generated in Antialiased 4bpp and 8bit ASCII + ISO 8859 and changed script to Cyrillic. in this only character 'P' is displaying.

Kindly help...

Regards,
      arat
      Files
      • pattern.txt

(150 Byte, downloaded 236 times, last: )
    • Hi,

what exactly didn't work? There's nothing wrong with your pattern file, it worked for me. Did you disable all characters before reading the pattern file?

When the font was successfully generated, it just has to be added to the project. Then, GUI_SetFont() can be called with a pointer to the GUI_FONT structure of your created font.

Best regards,

Florian

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi Florian,

I have generated in Antialiased 4bpp and 8bit ASCII + ISO 8859 and changed script to Cyrillic. This generated file (.c ) has been added to the project. and called GUI_Set Font() with GUI _FONT structure..... ... but it is displaying only "P" (Latin letter ETH) that means 0X00D0.

Is this because of script...?

my defined text is #define DISP_FLUOROSCOPY "ФЛУОРОСКОПІЯ" , after adding generated font file , it displays like PPPPPPPPPPPP.

I used Roboto Bk19 font.

plz help me regarding
    • Hi,

it doesn't work when you save non-ASCII characters in your C file. First, you have to encode the string to UTF-8, which you can do using this tool.

C Source Code

1. #define DISP_FLUOROSCOPY "\xd0\xa4\xd0\x9b\xd0\xa3\xd0\x9e\xd0\xa0\xd0\x9e\xd0\xa1\xd0\x9a\xd0\x9e\xd0\x9f\xd0\x86\xd0\xaf"

Then, you also have to call GUI_UC_SetEncodeUTF8() at the beginning of your application (after GUI_Init()). Now, you can set a font that contains the characters in your UTF-8 String and display the string.

The font you generated doesn't contain the characters of your string. It worked for me with a font that contains the cyrillic characters (see attachment).

Best regards,

Florian
      Files

• Hi,

what I did was selecting the font, disabling all characters and reading the pattern file. The pattern file contains the Cyrillic characters (not converted to UTF-8). I also set the encoding to UCS-2 LE BOM, which is necessary in order for the pattern file to be read correctly. You can find the pattern file in the attachments.

Best regards,

Florian
      Files
      • pattern.txt

(26 Byte, downloaded 216 times, last: )

• Thanks a lot Florian.

Finally i am able to display the cyrillic character/string.

I just generated the cyrillic font file (.c) with (Antialiased 4bpp + 16bit Unicode) and called GUI_UC_SetEncodeUTF8() at the beginning of the application (after GUI_Init()).

Case closed.
    • Hi,

good to hear that it worked now. If you need any more information, have a look at the chapters "Fonts", "Font Converter" and "Language Support" in the user manual.

Best regards,

Florian