Text scrolling

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Text scrolling

Hello,

I would like to do text scrolling using STemWin...
      I would like to display a sentence and, when the end of the text arrived at the top of the display, the end of the setence begins to appear at the bottom of the display...
      I don't really how to explain it... That is what we call text scrolling :)

What is the best way to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Tonave
    • Hi,

do you mean text wrapping? This can be achieved using the function GUI_DispStringInRectWrap(). As parameter for the wrap mode you can choose between char-wise wrapping (GUI_WRAPMODE_CHAR) and word-wise wrapping (GUI_WRAPMODE_WORD).

If you mean text scrolling like on a smart phone (scrolling by swiping), you should take a look at the attached example.

Best regards,

Florian
      Files
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • Hi,

yes, this can be done using animations. The manual explains how animations can be created, and you can find samples and a tutorial about animations in the Wiki.

Best regards,

Florian
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.