Sitronix ST7789V graphics controller through SPI.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sitronix ST7789V graphics controller through SPI.

Back on Feb. t, 2019 gtoner asked about using SPI bus to interface with an ili9341 graphics chip. I am trying to do the same thing but with a Sitronix ST7789V graphics controller chip. Sven replied that it was relatively easy, all you had to do was implement SPI versions for the following functions:

pfWrite8_A0
      pfWrite8_A1
      pfWriteM8_A1
      pfRead8_A1
      pfReadM8_A1

I am just a tad confused, though. There are a lot more functions like these in the GUI_PORT_API structure. Do I ONLY have to implement these, or do I really need to provide an SPI version for EVERY function listed in the GUI_PORT_API structure?

Thanks,

Ed H.
    • Hi,

it depends on the interface type. The functions you have listed are sending only 8 bits at once. Other interface may send 16 or 32 bits at once and would have to implement and set the other function pointers.

Regards,
      Sven
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • You said "It depends on the interface type". I do not understand this comment. It is the same interface type as the ili9341 IC - an SPI interface. So again, for an SPI interface, do I only have to implement the 8-bit functions you first mentioned, or also the 16 and 32 bit versions?

Thanks again,

Ed H.