[SOLVED] JLink Windlows V670a gdb hangs on Atollic TrueSTUDIO for STM32 9.2.0​

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] JLink Windlows V670a gdb hangs on Atollic TrueSTUDIO for STM32 9.2.0​

I am using Atollic TrueSTUDIO for STM32 9.2.0 with the latest JLink for windows. When I go to program the device with the project .elf file via gdb, it hangs.

This behavior has been occurring more frequently with later updates.

I launch the JLink GDB server with a windows shortcut:

Shell-Script

1. "C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\JLink\JLinkGDBServer.exe" -select USB=504400665 -device STM32F427IG -endian little -if SWD -speed 12000 -noir -RTTTelnetPort 19021
    The logs indicate that it has flashed the device and no errors or problems that I can see. Breakpoints are enabled for main.

Any thoughts on where else I can look to see what is hanging?

Cheers,
    Joe
  • Changing to "Autostart local GDB server" from "Connect to remote GDB server" appears to help in some cases.

However, it appears that GDB periodically becomes unstable, unresponsive, and the session becomes corrupt. How can I gain more insight into the GDB communications between SEGGER GDB Server and the IDE?
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.

Manually starting the J-Link GDB Server is not required when using Atollic True Studio.
    You can find a tutorial how to setup Atollic with J-Link here:
    segger.com/products/debug-prob…/ides/atollic-truestudio/

Could you please try the following:
    1) Download the latest J-Link Software and Documentation Pack version here:
    segger.com/downloads/jlink#J-L…twareAndDocumentationPack

2) Use the J-Link DLL Updater to update the GDB Server version of Atollic
    3) Follow the guide on how to setup Atollic with J-Link linked above.

Does the issue still persist after following these steps?

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.