[SOLVED] Ozone: program SDRAM at debug startup

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Ozone: program SDRAM at debug startup

I have a board with LPC1785 MCU and an external SDRAM. At MCU reset the SDRAM isn't configured so it isn't mapped to the system memory.

I'd like to know if Ozone can be configured to program internal Flash memory and external SDRAM at debug startup. Data to program to SDRAM are at a specific address in the elf file.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    For SDRAM inits we recommend using a JLinkScript. The JLinkScript API is explained in the J-Link user manual UM08001.
    How to use a JLinkScript in Ozone is explained here:
    wiki.segger.com/J-Link_script_files#Ozone

After SDRAM is initialized you can use the normal Ozone debug setup to program both Flash and SDRAM. Just make sure that the application you are programming utilizes both memory areas.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • SEGGER - Nino wrote:

For SDRAM inits we recommend using a JLinkScript. The JLinkScript API is explained in the J-Link user manual UM08001.
    Do you mean, use JLINK_MEM_WriteUxx() functions in the script to program registers of MCU such way SDRAM is initialized?

SEGGER - Nino wrote:

After SDRAM is initialized you can use the normal Ozone debug setup to program both Flash and SDRAM. Just make sure that the application you are programming utilizes both memory areas.
    I think Ozone normally program only internal Flash memory of selected MCU. How to instruct Ozone to transfer data in a specific memory area (start address-end address)?
  • Hello,

giusloq wrote:

Do you mean, use JLINK_MEM_WriteUxx() functions in the script to program registers of MCU such way SDRAM is initialized?
    Correct.

giusloq wrote:

I think Ozone normally program only internal Flash memory of selected MCU. How to instruct Ozone to transfer data in a specific memory area (start address-end address)?
    Ozone gives a write command to J-Link. What kind of memory it is it does not care. As long as it is part of your application it will be written.
    What type of memory it is J-Link will automatically take care of.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.