[ABANDONED] Erase is needed before programming external norflash, but internal flash doesn't that step.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Erase is needed before programming external norflash, but internal flash doesn't that step.

Hi segger,

I have a question here.

There is no need to erase internal norflash before programming it, but when JFlash is used to program exernal NorFlash, it seems we need to erase it first before programming.
    Is there a way we can program external NorFlash as the same as programming the internal NorFlash?

I know you cannot do anything in our own customized flash algo.
    I guess, when we do program internal NorFlash, JFlash.exe give a hand to do erase for us.
    Since we have implemented EraseSector() function in our own flash algo, could JFlash calls EraseSector() automatically as it does for the internal NorFlash?

Thank you.
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

Could you please send us a J-Link log file? How to enable:
    wiki.segger.com/J-Link_DLL#Enable_J-Link_Log_File

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.