[SOLVED] Problems with establishing connection to target.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Problems with establishing connection to target.

Hello Everyone,

After flashing a program that went to Fault ISR, I no longer can connect to the board I have.
    I get flashing Red Light on the probe and you may find the log files attached.
    I am not too familiar with this probe so I am not sure why I can't connect.
    I used J-Flash and Innate tools from Code Composer Studio and behaviour seems to be the same.

Best Regards,
    Tuna Bicim
    Files
    • Log.log

(1.88 kB, downloaded 329 times, last: )
    • Log2.log

(307 Byte, downloaded 328 times, last: )
  • I don't know what "red LED" means on your probe (I have different probe - JTrace where red is trace), but I'd first check the wiring and then try OpenOCD, like this:

Source Code

1. openocd -f interface/jlink.cfg -c "transport select hla_swd" -c "gdb_memory_map disable" -f target/stm32f0x.cfg

I'm just guessing what MCU you have (guesses STM32F0x) and guessing SWD connection, the selection Cortex-M0 doesn't tell which MCU you have exactly.

If OpenOCD can connect, you are good. You can add extra -d parameter for more verbose output.
  • Hi Tuna,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

Could you please tell us which device exactly you are using?
    How to flash and how to exactly connect to a device often highly depends on the device specifics.
    Does it work when you pass the correct device name to J-Flash / Code Composer Studio?

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Fabian,

My device is a TM4C123FH6PM connected through JTAG. I tried both J-Flash/J-Link Commander and Code Composer Studio. I think the JTAG pins are locked.
    I tried the unlock procedure mentioned on TI forums from the J-Link Commander and I also jumped pins from a EK-TM4C123 board using the ICDI JTAG connection they provide.
    Both solutions didn't work.
    I think I will replace the chip to continue forward.

Best,
    Tuna Bicim
  • Hi Tuna,

As long as this option is no problem for you.

We will consider this thread as closed.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.