[SOLVED] iMX8QX

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] iMX8QX

I see in the supported device list that the A15 of the iMX8QX is not supported by J-Link.

Connection to the A9 in an iMX7D device is done via a script as documented here rather than with the device support built into the J-Link software. Are there any scripts for he iMX8QX that would provide similar access to the A15?

Thanks,

Steve
  • Hi Steve,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

The i.MX8 support is implemented and maintained by NXP.
    You will have to contact NXP about this.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Steve,
    What ever NXP told you does not change the following facts:
    NXP created some J-Link script files to support the Cortex-M core on the i.MX8 series devices.
    These scripts are currently shipped with the J-Link SW but are only maintained and supported by NXP.
    We plan to have native support for the i.MX8 series later this year.

Best regards,
    Fabian

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi Steve,
    as already mentioned:
    1) NXP added all the the support for the i.MX8. They did not include the Cortex-A35 core.
    2) We do not yet support i.MX8. We will add support sometime later this year.

Stay up-to-date regarding J-Link:
    segger.com/notification/subscribe.php?prodid=7,94

We will consider this thread as closed now.

Best regards,
    Fabian