MUTIBUF activity with MultiLayer

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• MUTIBUF activity with MultiLayer

My application uses 2 layers and Multibuffering enabled with 3 buffers for each layers. At first look, it works well, but sometimes it suddenly stops multibuffering activity and causes screen flickering on my screen. When problem happens, I confirmed LCD_X_SHOWBUFFER is no longer called on layer 0, but layer 1 update still generates LCD_X_SHOWBUFFER calls.

I'm using WM_MULTIBUF_Enable() to enable automatic multibuffering, but I noticed that WM.h has WM_MULTIBUF_EnableEx() which is not explained in the UM03001. Should I use WM_MULTIBUF_EnableEx() in the multilayer environment? Could you please give me the explanation for this API call?

Regards,
    • Hello,

WM_MULTIBUF_Enable() also works with more than one layer. WM_MULTIBUF_EnableEx() has a different purpose. Usually when a routine is not documented, it is not intended or unsafe to use.

I'm not sure why there is still flickering after you enabled multi-buffering, but the error probably lies in your LCDConf.c. There are ready-to-use configurations located in the shipment folder under \Sample\LCDConf\<Driver>\<Hardware>. The correct configuration file might fix your problem.

Best regards,

Florian
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.