[SOLVED] i.MX8M support

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] i.MX8M support

Hello,

We are currently working on a NXP i.MX8M Mini board and we were wondering if J-Link supports this chip yet. I have found this thread from 1 year ago, how much progress has been made towards the official support for the imx8 series?

Thanks,
    Karevon
  • Hi Karevon,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

i.MX8M (MIMX8M) is support by J-Link.
    All supported devices can be found here:
    segger.com/downloads/supported-devices.php

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

Thanks for your prompt reply!
    We are trying to develop a bare-metal application on the Cortex-A53 present on the i.MX8M Mini chip. We managed to attach the JLink Pro (with software version 6.63c) to the Cortex-M4 processor, but we couln't connect it to the A53.

Any ideas?

Karevon
  • Hi Karevon,

Unfortunately, Cortex-A53 of the i.MX8M is not yet supported.
    Please note that the support for this device is implemented and maintained by NXP.
    If you have a request for the Cortex-A53 or anything else related to this device, please contact NXP.

We will consider this thread as closed.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.