Missing RAM functions from Execution Profile

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Missing RAM functions from Execution Profile

Hi,

I am debugging an externally built executable in Embedded Studio, my setup is NXP MIMXRT1060-EVK board + JLink.

My main purpose is to profile my application, and I found Embedded Studio very good for that.
      it is the only tool I found so far to find hotspots with SWO PC Sampling, since it shows hit counts at instruction level.

There is a major problem however,
      in the Execution Profile I can only see functions and instructions in flash.
      The code I mostly need to profile is running from SDRAM, at address 0x80000000-0x82000000.

The Execution Trace view seems to collect RAM PC Samples, it shows addresses and correct symbols,
      but this data seems to be filtered away in the Execution Profile view.

Am I missing some configuration? Any help would really be appreciated

Thanks

The post was edited 1 time, last by ballotz ().

• Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
      Such an issue is not known to us.
      Could you provide an example project for reproduction?

Best regards,
      Nino
      Please read the forum rules before posting: Forum Rules

Keep in mind, this is not a support forum. Its main purpose is user to user interaction.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • Hi,

attached you can find the MCUXpresso project used to build the test application and the ES project used.
      I added a couple screen shots of Instruction Trace and Execution Profile taken with the project provided.

Many thanks,
      Alessio
      Images
      • EP.PNG

20.98 kB, 804×323, viewed 13 times
      • ET.PNG

15.57 kB, 819×234, viewed 11 times
      Files