Does DROPDOWN_SetSel() always trigger a WM_NOTIFICATION_SEL_CHANGED?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Does DROPDOWN_SetSel() always trigger a WM_NOTIFICATION_SEL_CHANGED?

Hello,

I have some dropdown menus which I fill with the last settings using DROPDOWN_SetSel in WM_INIT_DIALOG. After this a WM_NOTIFICATION_SEL_CHANGED is triggered. Is it possible to avoid this and notify only changes by touch inputs?

Regards

Jan
    • Hello Jan,

unfortunately this is not possible without changing the emWin code. The only way would be to set a global flag always when calling DROPDOWN_SetSel() and instantly clearing the flag when reaching the WM_NOTIFY_PARENT case. When the flag would be set, the WM_NOTIFY_PARENT would be ignored.

Best regards,

Florian
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • Thank you, Florian. Setting a global flag was also my workaround. Maybe some blocking feature for notifications would be an idea for future improvements. For me it was disturbing that I always got a beep tone, which I trigger by the notification, after SetSel but I wanted this tone only at manual inputs.

Regards
      Jan