[ABANDONED] Build Configuration

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Build Configuration

How do I set up a build configuration that is only valid for a specific project in a solution?

I am creating a solution with 2 projects 'Project-A' and 'Project-B'. Both have 2 build configurations, 'Debug' and 'Release'.
    I set active project to 'Project-A' and create another public build configuration 'Build Test'.

If I set active project to 'Project-B', I will still be offered build configuration 'Bild Test'. This build will fail.
    If I set active project to 'Project-A' or 'Project-B' and start Build Solution, SES tries to build 'Project-B' with build configuration 'Build Test'. This build will fail.

Expected behavior:
    a) If I set active project to 'Project-A', build configuration (combo box) should offer 'Debug', 'Release' and 'Build Test'.
    b) If I set active project to 'Project-B', build configuration (combo box) should offer 'Debug', 'Release' and not 'Build Test'.
    c) If I start Build Solution, SES should build (a) and (b).

How can I get the expected behavior?

SES ARM V4.42 Linux 64bit
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    How is your solution set up? Do you have any build dependencies set up?
    Could you provide an example project for reference?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.