[SOLVED] Programming ID-CODE protection in RENESAS microcontroller in stand-alone mode

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Programming ID-CODE protection in RENESAS microcontroller in stand-alone mode

Hello.
    I'm using an S3A6 microcontroller from RENESAS, JFLASH software (v 6.62) and FLASHER PORTABLE PLUS. I'm trying to program the ID-CODE protection that is stored at address 0x1010018.

When programming in J-LINK mode (Target -> Production programming F7), the entire code is downloaded correctly and the PCB works well. From that point on, whenever I want to program/erase the S3A6, J-FLASH shows the expected "ID Code verification" window.

The problem comes when I try to do the same in Stand-alone mode (the microcontroller memory has been completely cleared before). I go to "File -> Download config & data file to Flasher" to update the FLASHER PORTABLE internal memory.Then, I push the FLASHER PROG button, but the FLASHER shows the next error: #ERR255: Error while flashing.

Why doesn't the FLASHER PORTABLE PLUS work this way?

Note: The FLASHER PORTABLE PLUS works well in stand-alone mode when I don't include the ID-CODE.

Regards
    Images
    • Flasher error 255.jpg

144.14 kB, 462×358, viewed 618 times
    • ID code verification.png

11.88 kB, 458×279, viewed 786 times
    • ID code address 0x1010018.png

2.94 kB, 474×188, viewed 531 times
  • Hello,

we currently do not have an API in the Flasher Portable Plus to read an IDCODE from a file.
    Such an API is under development, but it does not have a high priority and I cannot give you a schedule.

If you are interested in a faster development for NREs, please open a ticket:
    segger.com/support/technical-support/

Best regards
    Arne
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,
    Stay up to date about J-Link/Flasher:
    segger.com/notification/subscribe.php?prodid=7,94

If this API is added it will be mentioned in this newsletter.

We will consider this thread as closed now.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.