[ABANDONED] JlinkExe erase Command fails with RAM check

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] JlinkExe erase Command fails with RAM check

Hello,

I have a custom board with an STM32F407VE controller. I use my JLink for debugging and programming over SWD.
    I'm using a Linux operating system with the newest released JLink software pack (6.62a-3).

I wanted to completely erase the device, so I opened JLinkExe. typed connect, device = STM32F407VE, connection interface = SWD
    Everything went smoothly.

However, when I try to erase the chip by using the "erase" command, I get an Error:

Failed to prepare for programming.
    RAM check failed @ addr 0x20000AB8
    RAM check failed while testing 0x2050 bytes @ addr 0x2000006CC
    ERROR: Erase returned with error code -1.

Trying once again and it works... Slowing down the SWD clock speed from 4 MHz to 1 MHz did not help.
    I tested it out and it seems I've got about a 40% chance of it failing.

I don't understandy why I get this error. Debugging and programming work fine. I even used Ozone to capture some data over hours from my target. So the SWD connection seems stable.
    Can you help me with this?

Thank you
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.

Our Cortex-M Trace Reference Board uses the same chip and there have been no issues reported.

It is most likely that this issue is connected to your custom board.
    Do you experience the same problem on an evaluation board?

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • SEGGER - Fabian wrote:

Do you experience the same problem on an evaluation board?
    I wired myself up to a STM32F4 discovery, which has almost the same Chip (STM32F407VGT6 instead of ...VET6) and the issue is still present.
    I have no problems at all with programming (either over gdb + GDB Server, or over Ozone) everything works fine.

I've attached a full log. I executed the erase command 2 times. The first time it didn't wok. The second time was fine.
    Files
    • jlink-erase.log

(1.85 kB, downloaded 505 times, last: )
  • Hi,
    Does the issue persist when issuing a reset before erasing?

Source Code

1. r
    2. erase

If the problem persists: Could you please provide us with a .hex file of the application that is running when you try to erase the chip?

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.