[SOLVED] What makes something J-Link compatible?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] What makes something J-Link compatible?

Hi,

I recently sent an email into Segger support and Axel was kind enough to help answer some questions.

Basically I was interested in using the J-Link EDU and Segger SDK to debug a Cyclone V SOC board(DE-10 nano by Terrasic) in baremetal mode. Unfortunately a completely satisfactory resolution wasn't reached and I continued to look further online to see if anyone else had used a J-Link and Segger SDK to debug the board.

I found someone was using a J-Link and Segger SDK to debug a DE-1 SOC(a similar board made by the same company).

emb4fun.de/arm/de1socjldbg/index.html

In general is there a way to tell if your Jlink and SDK will work with a development board?

Practically speaking I understand neither are much money so I could always buy the boards and test it but as a student on a limited budget I do my best to try to ensure what I am purchasing will work beforehand.

I also thank Segger for selling a low-cost JTag debugger for EDU purposes and allow free use of their SDK for EDU purposes. Altera wants me to pay 1k for access bare-metal debugging which is prohibitive for students/hobbyists.
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

If you are unsure whether a specific device is supported or not, please refer to this list here:
    segger.com/downloads/supported-devices.php

It contains all devices supported by J-Link.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.