[SOLVED] How to setup SES solution options to connect to a remote JLink through a tunnel?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] How to setup SES solution options to connect to a remote JLink through a tunnel?

How to setup SES solution options to connect to a remote JLink through a tunnel?

"IP 012345678" or "IP tunnel:012345678" with JLink serial 012345678 does not seem to work.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    A how to is explained here:
    wiki.segger.com/Connect_to_rem…_via_J-Link_Tunnel_Server

Are you following these exact steps?
    What Embedded Studio version are you using?
    What is the S/N of the J-Link you are using?
    Do you get any error messages?
    Are you using any firewalls in your network that might block traffic?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

Could you try the following in Embedded Studio?
    ip tunnel:682116514::jlink.segger.com

Does this work?

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hello,

Good to hear that connection is working now.
    J-Link Remote Server has only a timeout if server replys take longer than 5 s. So if the ping between Client->Tunnel->Remote Server is more than 5 seconds it can come to timeouts but only after a initial connection is established.

Best regards,
    Nino

• Hi Nino,

after some more testing I found there must be a timeout of 5 minutes somewhere when using the tunnel. This means: if a client does not connect to the remote server through the tunnel within 5 minutes after starting the remote server, the remote server needs to be restarted before a client can connect.

Since I have access to the LAN through VPN, I would prefer to work without the tunnel. Unfortunately, this is not workable for me due to the issue described in:
    Stopping a debug session in one SES instance disconnects JLINK in other SES instance

Can you have a look at that issue please?