[SOLVED] Import previously exported data graph in Ozone

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Import previously exported data graph in Ozone

Hi,

I have been logging some data values for a machine over a period of time.

Then I exported the Data Graphs with File -> Export -> Data Graphs... and wanted to open them on another computer. Since I could not find an option for that in Ozone, I tried doing it in LibreOffice Calc. It took several hours to load the graphs. :(

Is there a way to load those graphs in Ozone on that other computer?

Best regards
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    The Data Graph itself does not have an import functionality. But you could try and use the snapshot feature instead:
    wiki.segger.com/Using_Snapshots_with_Ozone

What you are trying to achieve should be doable with that.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

if I understand snapshots correctly, they cannot store a time span from the timeline view.

What I need is certain data from a machine while it runs for several minutes. We then look at that data to check it for unusual spikes or weird behaviour in general. For that we need the complete timeline.

Best regards

The post was edited 1 time, last by icwiener ().

• Hello,

The snapshot should be able to restore any amount of data samples.
    Could you give it a try?
    Is something not working when using the snapshot approach?

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi,

I think I understand how snapshots are supposed to work now. Powerful tool.

However, that's not what we would need.

We would like to be able to fetch diagnostics data with a computer sitting in production and then let the analysis happen on another computer in the office. The latter is not connected to a debug probe and has no access to the target hardware. And if I get it right, that's not possible with Ozone snapshots? I know, it must feel likt we are trying to drive in a nail with a CNC machine but we would gladly accept a push in the direction of a possible other function in another tool. Maybe J-Scope? I will have to take a look tomorrow.

Our current way is to fetch the data, export a data graph and then filter that CSV file with awk to only get every nth line and then load the result in libreoffice. It's still slow and not very convenient to work with though.

Best regards
  • Hi,

Snapshot Files can be loaded without the other PC having a J-Link or the hardware. All you need is the .jdebug file, the elf file (if snapshot features are used where symbol information is needed) and the snapshot file obviously.
    So you open the project as usual and simply load the snapshot. This should work without any target connection and the data sampled should be visible.

Alternatively you could also look into using our Remote Server functionality so you can debug the other setup without having your PC physically connected to the target setup:
    segger.com/products/debug-prob…ols/j-link-remote-server/

J-Scope is essentially a stand alone version of the data graph in Ozone (+ some more features), so you could also use this to transfer data between PCs for analysis.

It really depends on what you are looking to achieve here.

Best regards,
    Nino