[SOLVED] keil freezes and also RTT viewer couldnot establish connection with target

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] keil freezes and also RTT viewer couldnot establish connection with target

Hi,

I am working on ARM Cortex M4 development board provided by Vorago technologies. I am using keil IDE and connecting the target via J-link OB.

At some instances of flashing the program/Entering into debug mode, the keil is becoming unresponsive.

Currently "Run application at startup" is unchecked. Also under 'connect & reset options', connect is "Normal" , Reset is "Normal". Reset after connect is checked

Also I have tried other 'connect & Reset options'

Thanks
    Images
    • keil_unresponsive.jpg

729.59 kB, 2,100×1,575, viewed 778 times
    • j-link_commander.PNG

33.22 kB, 570×203, viewed 696 times
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

Does this problem still occur with the latest version of the J-Link Software and Documentation Pack?
    You can download it here:
    segger.com/downloads/jlink/#J-…twareAndDocumentationPack

NOTE:
    Please also update the J-Link DLL of Keil via the J-Link DLL Updater included in the Pack mentioned above.

If the problem still persists after updating:
    1) Do you use custom hardware or an evaluation board? In the latter case which one?
    1.2) If custom hardware, do you experience the same problem on an evaluation board?
    2) Could you please send us a J-Link log file? How to enable:
    wiki.segger.com/J-Link_DLL#Enable_J-Link_Log_File

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Fabian,

I have updated the J-link software including DLL.
    But still the problem persists and after update the freezing of keil is happening more often compared to earlier version of J-link software

1) I am using the evaluation board which is VA41630
    2) Find the attachments of J-link log file
    Files
    • JLinkARM.log

(160 Byte, downloaded 357 times, last: )
  • Hi,

Did you set the RTT Viewer to use "existing session" + "auto reconnect"?
    If not, does it work when using RTT Viewer with these options enabled?

Could you please provide us with a screenshot of the RTT Viewer's "Configuration" dialog?

Best regards,
    Fabian

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi Fabian,

1) I did not set my connections to "existing session'' + "auto reconnect". refer to the below image for my current settings

2) when I tried to use "existing session" + "auto reconnect", I am getting an error stating "J-link DLL did not send welcome string in time"

3) Please check the attachment for the RTT viewer's log report when I connect with USB.
  • Hi,

we will be looking into this.

I will come back to you as soon as we have news.

Best regards,
    Fabian