[SOLVED] Position independent code for flashloader

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Position independent code for flashloader

Hi,

I am using the Embedded Studio IDE for developing a flash loader utility for a new Cortex-M33 microcontroller. I have adapted the template project and added in details about flash array into it. I have implemented the Segger Open API functions like erase, program etc. The "elf" and "hex" file is generated successfully. However in the "map" file I can see absolute address of device SRAM being used for various sections of code and memory.
    I want to generate position independent code, similar to Keil MDK flashloader utility.
    Can I generate position independent code using Embedded Studio IDE and compiler?
    Does Segger Open API support position independent code?
    Can I use the generated code with the Segger JLink Plus debug probe?

Thanks
    Radhika
  • Hi Radhika,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

When using Open Flashloader, you do not need to have position independent code.
    The flash loader is downloaded into the RAM area specified in the application.

The Open Flashloader is designed to be used with the J-Link debug probes.
    It will work with the J-Link Plus.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.