[ABANDONED] Flasher Portable Plus needs two attempts to fully program a Renesas microcontroller

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Flasher Portable Plus needs two attempts to fully program a Renesas microcontroller

Hello.
    I'm using an S3A6 microcontroller from RENESAS, JFLASH software (v 6.62) and FLASHER PORTABLE PLUS.
    My program has two different ".srec" files:
    1) Program Code starting at 0xA000.
    2) Bootloader code starting at address 0x0000

First, I open Program Code with JFlash software. Then, I use the option "File --> Merge data file" from JFlash to merge Program Code with Bootloader.

When I use this merge with JFlash and J-LINK mode to burn the S3A6, the PCB works well at first.

However, when I download the merge to the flasher's memory (using "File --> Download config & data file to Flasher") and then try to burn the microcontroller in stand-alone mode using PROG button, it doesn't work at first. If I push PROG button one more time, the PCB starts to work well.

The option "... Read Back --> Entire Chip" reveals that the first time I used PROG button, the flasher only programmed the Bootloader section. The second time, the flasher programmed the Program Code section correctly.

Why is this happening? How can I program the entire chip in one go?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hardwariano ().

• Hello,

do you have a gap in between the bootloader and the program code?

If yes, could you please give us some details about the data areas (e.g. 0x0000 - 0x0800, 0xA000 - 0xC000)?

Best regards
    Arne
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Arne,
    yes, there is a gap between the two sections.

* Bootloader section --> [0x0000 - 0x9FFF]
    # Bootloader code goes from 0x0000 to 0x5518.
    # Gap (JFlash shows symbol "--") goes from 0x5519 to 0x9FFF

* Program code section --> [0xA000 - 0x25000]
    # Code goes from 0xA000 to 0x1F790
    # Gap (JFlash shows symbol "--") goes from 0x1F791 to 0x25000

* Data flash section --> [0x40100000 - 40102000]

Regards
  • Hello,

we are working on that.
    Since you get a positive result after the second programming attempt, we did not give it a high priority.

Best regards
    Arne
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.