[SOLVED] Ozone Watched Data with Default Refresh Rate?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Ozone Watched Data with Default Refresh Rate?

Hi,

is it possible to have a default refresh rate for data points added to the Watched Data view? I would like to have the data updated at 1Hz when I add them.

Kind regards
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    This can't be set globally, but on project level you can set it in your .jdebug file in OnProjectLoad as:
    Edit.SysVar (VAR_HSS_SPEED, FREQ_1_KHZ);

This will be applied on each project launch for the data graph.
    Is this what you are looking for?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Nino,

thanks for your reply.

What you describe acts on the Data Sampling and the Timeline views. What I mean is the Watched Data view. Variables entered there have a default refresh rate of Off which needs intervention for every singe variable added to see its value updated. ... Maybe there is a reason for doing it this way?

Kind regards
  • Hello,

Yes sorry for confusion.
    To set the watch data refresh rate via .jdebug file you can use:
    Edit.RefreshRate ("VariableName", FREQ_1_HZ);

The reason why everything defaults to off is that the watch window is a widely used feature for debugging even without the refresh functionally and only on Cortex-M targets you have the guarantee that you can access variables via runtime. This is not the case on other platforms that J-Link + Ozone support e.g. most Cortex-A targets so using another default than "Off" would introduce issues to a big portion of our customers if they would leave a default refresh value on that is not "Off" and we would like to avoid that.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Nino,

bummer that there is no way to give a default value to variables added there. Would save me a few clicks.

But well, I just wanted to make sure I am not overlooking some option somewhere.

Thanks for the clarification.

Kind regards