Image GIF Drawing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Image GIF Drawing

Hello,

I have a program where i have to display a GIF file on the screen. I am using Image widget to display the GIF.
      If i use the PC simulation the GIF is displayed correctly and i am able to see the animation.

But when i run the same code on my hardware (iMXRT1064) i see only the first image displayed on the screen. I don't see any animation. What could be the problem?
      I am using color mode as 16bpp. I have allocated as #define GUI_NUMBYTES 1500000U

I probably think a time base is required for the GIF files to run on hardware. how can i provide the same in my code. Am not using RTOS.

Thanks,

Regards

Anuj

The post was edited 1 time, last by anuj.tanksali ().

• Hi,

the easiest way to display animated GIFs on a target is by using GUI_SPRITE_CreateAnim(). I've attached a sample that demonstrates this.

You need to convert the GIF into an animated sprite beforehand. This is done by selecting "File -> Create animated sprite from GIF" and saving the file.

Best regards,

Florian
      Files
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • Hello,

I am facing an issue while displaying the GIF files. It is observed that animation is slow for GIF files.

for the emwin time base i have created a hardware systic timer of 1ms. Incremented g_millisecCounter on 1 ms systic timer interrupt an used the g_millisecCounter counter as below.

GUI_TIMER_TIME GUI_X_GetTime(void)
      {
      return g_millisecCounter;
      }

This displays the GIF correctly and am able to see animation but the animation is slow.

I debugged and found out WM_PAINT is continuously called for the screen on which the GIF's are present. Using Image_setGIF for displaying GIF's. Used Bin2C for converting the GIF to .c files.

If i do any other operations on widgets or ex i have a knob widget and if i use Knob_SetPostion which is called from a function in while loop
      the GIF's animations stop for a sec and then again continue. I call Knob_SetPostion every 500 msec.

Even If i use Animated sprites for GIF i see the same result.

Thanks,

Regards

Anuj

The post was edited 2 times, last by anuj.tanksali ().