[ABANDONED] No Cortex-M SW Device found

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] No Cortex-M SW Device found

Hi,

I am working on ARM Cortex M4 development board provided by Vorago technologies. I am using keil IDE with "debug Jlink/J-trace Cortex".

In the driver setup setting, there is no IDCODE getting detected and when I try to flash there is an error popping up with "No Cortex-M SW Device found".

I tried running RTT viewer, the error in RTT is viewer is "Could not connect to target"

When I try to connect to using j-link commander, I can see that device is powered (VTref=3.3V) but still when the try to establish connection there is an error "Cannot connect to target"

How to resolve it?
    Images
    • SW_device_ID.PNG

30.82 kB, 616×510, viewed 694 times
    • j-link_commander.PNG

33.22 kB, 570×203, viewed 568 times
    • jlink_commander_error.PNG

51.68 kB, 493×278, viewed 576 times
  • Hello,

Is this a virgin device or is there already software running on it?
    If there is already software running on it, the SW might enter low power modes that can make the device becoming non-responsive.
    If there is a fallback for a device for such a case depends on the device, as it is up to the silicon vendor to provide a fallback or not.

Does it work with a virgin device?

BR
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.