[SOLVED] STM32WB50 support

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] STM32WB50 support

Hello

My name is Robson, I work with a small team of firmware developers.

We recently designed a board around the STM32WB50CG uC, but version 6.60d of the JLink software can not program it.
    I get the following message:

"The selected device "STM3250CG" is unknown to this version of the J-Link software".

Is STM32WB50 support expected any time soon?
    We can use ST Link programmers meanwhile.

Thanks in advance!
  • Hi,
    I will ask internally if and/or when support is planned for this device and will report back to you then.

On a side note: A list of all supported devices can be found here:
    segger.com/downloads/supported-devices.php

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,
    We added the device to our list.
    Unfortunately, it is not clear when we are able to add support for this device exactly, because of other, pressing paid projects.

Until when would you require support for this device?
    Do you use custom hardware or an evaluation board?
    Is there an evaluation board available for this device?

Best regards,
    Fabian

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hello

SEGGER - Fabian wrote:

We added the device to our list.
    Awesome. That is all I wanted to hear.

SEGGER - Fabian wrote:

Unfortunately, it is not clear when we are able to add support for this device exactly, because of other, pressing paid projects.
    That is understandable.

We are using a couple ST Link programmers meanwhile, so is not urgent.
    Our hardware is custom, I am afraid ST has not released a development kit yet.

Best regards,
    Robson
  • Hi Robson,
    Thank you for the information.
    I will keep you posted.

As a side note:
    You can also implement support for the device yourself via Open Flashloader.
    For more information please follow this link:
    wiki.segger.com/Open_Flashloader

Best regards,
    Fabian

• Hi Robson,
    It seems that the WB50 is compatible to the WB55 devices.
    Unfortunately, there is no reference manual and no evaluation board available for this device.

Therefore we see the following 3 options:
    - If the devices are indeed compatible, you could just select "STM32WB55" as device.
    - You could provide us with 2 hardware samples and we implement regular support.
    - You could add support via OFL (as mentioned above).

Best regards,
    Fabian

• Hi Robson,
    I am happy to hear that you are up and running again.

We will consider this case as closed now.

Best regards
    Fabian