[ABANDONED] SAM-ICE works, but J-Link EDU does not

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] SAM-ICE works, but J-Link EDU does not

Hello,

I'm having an odd problem between a J-Link EDU and SAM-ICE.

I can get the SAM-ICE to work on the XPlained Board, but not the J-Link EDU device.

I also have a custom board that neither works on. When I try the J-Commander, it seems to have issues with the Reset line, this is a constant through all combinations except the SAM-ICE and the XPlained Pro board that works.

On the Xplained Pro board:
    With the SAM-ICE the reset line is barely at 2V and does go all the way to 0.
    With the J-Link EDU the Reset line does not pull all the way down, only goes to about 3V or higher, there are a series smaller drops on occasion to about 2.5V, but not much lower than that.

The custom board has the identical connections on the reset line, except it does not have the additional EDBG chip and related connections.
    Still, the reset line only has a 100K pull up and 4.7nF capacitor, but the nReset line seems like it can't get below about 2.5V.

I am using the Target USB connection to power the board, so the EDBG chip is essentially turned off, but there could be some loading.

The SAM-ICE is from 2013 with 2015 firmware and the J-Link EDU is from 2017 (Ver 10.1) and has the latest firmware I believe.

Any help or pointers would be really, really appreciated. Thanks!
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.

Could you please tell us which XPlained Pro board you are referring to? There are multiple boards with that name.
    Could you please send us a screenshot of the full J-Link Commander output?
    Could you please send us a J-Link log file? How to enable:
    wiki.segger.com/J-Link_DLL#Enable_J-Link_Log_File

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.