[SOLVED] Does JTracePro breakpoint related API force the processor enter DebugMonitor exception?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Does JTracePro breakpoint related API force the processor enter DebugMonitor exception?

Hi,
    When I program with the SDK API JLINKARM_SetBP() and JLINKARM_SetBPEx(), I want to know which breakpoint is hitted. So I try to read the value of PC(R15) and DebugReturnAddress (suggested by ARM v7-M Architecture Reference Manual), but both the result are 0xFFFFFFFE, which are not the real instruction address next to the breakpoint. Through the ARM v7-M manual, I think the processor doesn't enter the halt debug mode, but DebugMonitor exception. Is this controlled by the SDK API or something else? Could I choose which debug mode to enter when I set the breakpoints with SDK API in order to identify which breakpoint is hitted by read PC value or DebugReturnAddress?
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Please note that J-Link SDK related topics may not be discussed in public as this would be a license violation.
    Please open a regular support ticket through the known channels.

This thread will be closed now.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.