[SOLVED] Define ARM_ARCH with GCC

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Define ARM_ARCH with GCC

Hi everyone,
    I'm adding system view on my project developed with STM32CubeIDE (GCC compiler). I'm using a STM32F373 that has a ARM Cortex M4 as core. The compiler define __ARM_ARCH_4T__, so neither architecture in SEGGER_SYSVIEW_conf.h file is matched.

Why the compiler doesn't define ARM_ARCH_7M?

I think that everyone that try to add system view enviroment to a project developed with STM32CubeIDE have the same problem.

Thanks in advance for any help.

GDV
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    From your description it appears that CudeIDE is setting incorrect preprocessor defines. In that case I am not sure what you expect us to do?
    The error is on STM32CubeIDE side so we recommend contacting ST support in that regard as we are not planning on setting incorrect preprocessor defines in our SystemView sources.

As a workaround you can add the incorrect preprocessor define to your copy of the SystemView sources or add the correct preprocessor define to your CubeIDE project setup.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.