[SOLVED] Programming the MCU usingJlink Flash commander

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Programming the MCU usingJlink Flash commander

Hi,

Im trying to program the Cortex using Jlink Flash commander. I used Jlink commandfile script for programming the device. Im executing the script from batch file. So far everything works fine.

Now i want to automate this process. I have tried using C# and invoking the batch script from the C# process. The programming is always successful but sometimes the console prints says Target-memory ,unspecified error or JTAG request time out etc.

My question when i execute batch file manually the console prints proper results but when the same batch file is executed from C# process why the console print shows different results even though program is successful.

Im using C# because wanted to verify the device functionality which uses GUI and the programming of the device also using C#. This way with single test framework i will be able to program and test.

Regards,
    Chandan
  • Hi Chandan,
    Thanks for your inquiry.

Could you please provide us with the SN of the J-Link you are using for this?

I am not sure if I understand you correctly:
    You are using the J-Link Commander (JLink.exe) to download a file to a target.
    You do this via a .bat-script, which you call from a C# application.
    Is this correct?

The J-Link Commander is not designed for production purposes. You could either use:
    1) J-Flash which can be called from a batch script or C# directly, or
    2) the J-Link SDK which you could use to integrate the whole process into your C# application.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Thanks for the reply. I have figured out the issue . The problem is the way the bat script is called from the c# application.Now its functioning as expected.

Also thanks for pointing to use the JLink -SDK . But due to budget constraints we decided on Jlink commander.
  • Hi,
    Good to hear that you are up and running again.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.