[SOLVED] SystemView 3.10 (deb, x64) no connection

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] SystemView 3.10 (deb, x64) no connection

Ubuntu 19.10
    SystemView 3.10, (deb x64)
    The program starts, I try to connect - a connection dialog box appears, then a warning about J-Link EDU appears. And nothing else happens - no connection, no error messages.
    Target sources updated to 3.10
    If I roll back to version 2.52d (systemview deb package only), everything works again.
  • my Systemview v3.10 doesn't work either. I run on windows.
    I have already updated the target source, if I use v2.52, it works fine. But if I use the same code with same device, but with systemview v3.10, it cannot get START event at all.

The post was edited 1 time, last by francium ().

• I've been using J-Link V652 DLL. I suspect it was too old to run SystemView 3.10 and updated to V660d. However, v3.10 still can't connect to my target (STM32H743).
    I'm no longer able to run v2.52 with V660d dll.

Is there any clue to run SystemView 3.10?
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    The connection issues on macOS and Linux were reproducible. We are currently investigating.

@francium, on Windows everything worked though so I assume your reported behaviour is not related to the other ones.
    Could you open another thread with more information about your setup? What target device? Custom or eval board? Example project for reproduction., etc.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • I had the same issue with 3.10 on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, tried also recording over network with JTrace, no luck either. After tracing system calls with strace and USB monitoring with wireshark I could see that it starts sending few USB bulk packets, then stops.

However at least I found this older combination works for on the STM32F407VE reference and custom STM32F427VI boards: SystemView 2.52d and JLink libs V662b (can see in process map this library is loaded).

Hope this helps someone in the meantime. You might try the older SystemView 2.52 and combine it with some older JLink dlls via LD_LIBRARY_PATH, though it will be trial and error.

After long hours trying to find what makes the difference I have hypothesis that the recorder configuration is not read/initialized properly in 3.10, since after opening recorder settings dialog I was able to see nonsensical values (e.g. IP connection was selected, but IP adress field was empty, clicking back to USB and IP it appeared, bad CPU was selected - different than I did select before and so on).
  • Hello,

we are aware of the issues under macOS and Linux and are working on a fix.
    This thread will be closed for now to avoid discussion of other unrelated issues.

To get notified when the fixed release is available you can subscribe here:
    segger.com/notification/subscribe.php?prodid=7,204

Sorry for any inconveniences caused.

EDIT: A fix for the linux version was released with 3.12.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.