[SOLVED] ETF Trace on STM32H7

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] ETF Trace on STM32H7

Hi!

I've just discovered, that you've implemented ETF Trace Buffer on the STM32H7!
    (See discussion here and here, also this Wiki page)

Some minor points:
    • The Trace Settings Dialog misses a CPU frequency input field
      • If I do "Edit.SysVar (VAR_TRACE_CORE_CLOCK, 400000000);" manually, everything works as expected
    • Ozone 3.10a for Linux does not yet include the required JLinkARM v6.60 Libraries
      • Is there a way to update the libraries manually, like in the Windows version?
      • Otherwise, I'll just wait for the next Ozone release
    • The wiki page says "Ozone V4.70e" required :)
    Thanks for that great christmas gift :thumbup:
    Thomas

The post was edited 3 times, last by thomask77 ().

• Hello Thomas,

Great to hear that you like it.

thomask77 wrote:

If I do "Edit.SysVar (VAR_TRACE_CORE_CLOCK, 400000000);" manually, everything works as expected
    I am a bit confused here. What are you refering to exactly here? Is ETF trace not working with the example project from the Wiki out of the box?

thomask77 wrote:

Is there a way to update the libraries manually, like in the Windows version?

Otherwise, I'll just wait for the next Ozone release
    We do not have an automated tool for Linux and macOS yet but you can do the update manually. All you have to do is to update the J-Link DLL that comes with Ozone and replace it with the latest one.

thomask77 wrote:

The wiki page says "Ozone V4.70e" required
    Good catch. Fixed.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • "I am a bit confused here. What are you refering to exactly here? Is ETF trace not working with the example project from the Wiki out of the box?"

The trace itself works fine.

Only the Trace Settings GUI Dialog misses a field to set the CPU frequency.
    Without setting VAR_TRACE_CORE_CLOCK, the time stamps in the Timeline are wrong.

(I'm not using the example project, but integrated the .pex into my own .jdebug file)
  • Hi Thomas,

Ah I see now. This is indeed a mistake in Ozone and comes from the new timeline format.
    Should be fixed with the next version.
    Then you can set the value in the trace settings also when using the trace buffer.

For now you can use the workaround you found.

Sorry for any inconveniences caused.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.