[ABANDONED] Systemview causes XMC running FreeRTOS to reset

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Systemview causes XMC running FreeRTOS to reset

HelloAll,

I am running FreeRTOS on an XMC4500 and trying to integrate Systemview. I have included all of the Systemview source code and I believe I have configured it all correctly. The project compiles and runs fine until I try and start Systemview recording. As soon as I try and connect Systemview the XMC resets and halts at the reset vector routine.

I have got Systemview running fine on a STM device, which makes me think it's something specific to the XMC that’s causing the problem.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ryan

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ryan_Hart ().

• Further investigation and a few other posts regarding this suggests the default behaviourof the J-Link software is to always reset the XMC device before it connects because attaching turned out to be unreliable with the XMCseries.

I'm yet to find a solution though, another post suggested breaking my application in my IDE just afterI call the SystemView configuration. And then connecting SystemView at thispoint. All I get is cannot find the RTT control block however, even if I manually enter the address.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Ryan_Hart ().

• Hello Ryan,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    As you correctly stated the XMC4000 series unfortunately does not support attaching or a second connect without reset so the usual approach when using SystemView will not work here.
    For everyone else stumbling over this post, here is a link to this matter: wiki.segger.com/XMC4xxx_series#Attach_to_running_application

So the only viable option would be to run SystemView standalone.

Ryan_Hart wrote:

I'm yet to find a solution though, another post suggested breaking my application in my IDE just afterI call the SystemView configuration. And then connecting SystemView at thispoint. All I get is cannot find the RTT control block however, even if I manually enter the address.
    SystemView will reset the chip again on connect so it would be like running SystemView in standalone mode.
    How do you set the RTT base address? Do you set the address of the control block or do you set a range?
    Does auto detection not work?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.