[SOLVED] How to store JLINK GDB server command line options in script/settings file

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] How to store JLINK GDB server command line options in script/settings file

Hi, I want to set the following JLINK GDB command line options with a settings file (or a script preferably), I've been looking at examples and docs I couldn't figure out how to do this simple task....

-if swd -halt -strict -cpu cortex-m -device STM32F765VI

I tried setting the device in a settingsfile and I still get target unspecified, also tried a script and JLINK_SetDevice("STM32F765VI") still doesn't work...
    Thanks!
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

I am not sure if i understand you correctly.
    Do you want to pass a script-file to the J-Link GDB Server to have it executing the commands listed above?

The thing is, that such a script file would have to be passed via a command line as well.

Could you tell me what you would like to use this feature for exactly?

If the reason is, that you do not want to type the command lines manually, I would suggest using a .bat-file or similar.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,
    yes, a bash script would be the best option here.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.