[ABANDONED] Error importing eclipse project STM32

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Error importing eclipse project STM32

Hello everybody,

I want to import a STM32-Project into Embedded Studio because I want to get rid of the CubeIDE.
    I created it with CubeMX,... but if I want to import this project I get an error (see picture).
    I think CubeIDE is based on eclipse, so it should work or not?

It would be nice if anyone has an idea why or how to solve it.
    Images
    • error.JPG

19.65 kB, 392×170, viewed 366 times
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    The Eclipse importer in Embedded Studio supports currently only imports from Truestudio or STM32Workbench projects.
    Other Eclipse based IDEs are unfortunately not compatible.

Generally when moving from one toolchain to the internal ones of Embedded Studio we recommend to do this manually by creating a sample project for your CPU using the CPU support packages:
    segger.com/products/developmen…o/technology/cpu-support/
    Then add your third party sources, libraries etc. to the Embedded Studio project, add the paths to the user include directories and try to build the project. The remaining steps is clearing possible compiler/linker errors.

This is usually easier and has a higher success rate for more complex projects than using the importer that might not have worked 100% on the project and now you try to find out where the imported did not reference some file.
    The manual approach is more flexible and a good way to familiarize yourself with Embedded Studio.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.