[SOLVED] Run static code analysis from batch command line

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Run static code analysis from batch command line

Our software design process requires running static code analysis on all code before release. We would like to include this in our continuous integration which so far has been based on using emBuild to batch build.

Is it possible to run static code analysis from the batch command line?
    Is it possible to get the stack usage from the batch command line?
    Can I check the stack usage against the configured stack size from the batch command line?
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    emBuild is solely a build tool so the requested features are not available.
    But you can of course call third party tools that use the output of emBuild.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • How do I get a list of the files and preprocessor definitions from SES so I can pass the correct build conditions to the third party tools? It seems my project is locked in to the SES emProject file and I need to duplicate everything externally to be able to complete essential tasks such as code analysis.
  • Hello,

You can set different user build steps in your project under project options.
    These will also be executed when launching the project via emBuild and can be used to launch e.g. third party apps via command line.

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hello,

How to use external tools e.g. PC-Lint with Embedded Studio is explained here:
    [SOLVED] Installing PC Lint

The file format is explained here:
    studio.segger.com/ide_external_tools_file_format.htm

Best regards,

Nino