language support

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• language support

Hello,

We want to create an application using EmWin that supports multiple languages,which are
      1.German
      2.french
      3.spanish
      4.italian
      5.portuguese
      6.swedish
      7.russian
      8.czesh
      9.polish
      10.chinese
      11.japanese
      12.korean
      13.turkish
      We wanted to know whether all of the above languages are supported by EmWin.
      or
      can you provide the list of the languages Emwin support??
    • Hi,

Yes, these languages are supported by emWin. emWin supports any language as long as the font you are using contains the proper characters to display the desired string.

To generate an emWin font you need the Font Converter. A demo version can e downloaded here:
      segger.com/downloads/emwin/

Since a normal ASCII string can not hold enough information about a string containing characters out of the ASCII range you have to enable another encoding in emWin. I recommend to use UTF8 encoding.

You will find further information about it in the emWin user manual in chapter 32.1.1 UTF-8 encoding.

Regards,

Sven
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • Thanks for the reply.

I am using the demo version of emWin font converter.
      I have tried to create a C file output for the font "Calibri" and used the generated output c file in one of the sample programs to change the font.
      While Generating the output file I have got the following popup.

Also the output c file when used in the program does not give the expected font in the output.I have attached the image of the output as well. Can you please help resolve this problem.
      Images
      • error.PNG

4.94 kB, 298×168, viewed 249 times
      • fontconverter.PNG

25.54 kB, 521×404, viewed 257 times
    • Hi,

recently we have changed this. Now the Font Converter demo is the same as the full version except the fact that you are not allowed to create a product with the demo version.

Just download the Font Converter again from our website.

Regards,
      Sven
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.