Multiple Buffering

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Multiple Buffering

Hi,

I am currently working on Multiple Buffering. I am trying to write to a buffer in the background and display another buffer that's already being written. Is there an example code which I can refer to? I really appreciate all your help.
      Thanks and regards,
      BMD
    • Hi bio_med,

emWin supports multi buffering out of the box, simply call WM_MULTIBUF_Enable(1) to enable it.

Best regards,

Florian
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • Hi,

emWin does all of it automatically after you've activated multi buffering, at least as long as your application is using the window manager. If not, you have to manually switch between buffers using GUI_MULTIBUF_Begin() and GUI_MULTIBUF_End().

I've attached an example LCDConf.c, if you're interested in how emWin switches between buffers, the routines _VSYNC_ISR(), _SwitchBuffersOnVSYNC() and LCD_X_DisplayDriver() might be interesting for you.

Best regards,

Florian
      Files
      • LCDConf.zip

(10.79 kB, downloaded 270 times, last: )
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.

The post was edited 1 time, last by SEGGER - Florian ().