[ABANDONED] Firmware too old

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Firmware too old

I am using a EFM8BB1 Busy Bee Starter Kit Board (BRD5200A Rev A01) to debug an EFM8BB10F8G-A-QSOP24 SiLabs micro. I need to set the oscillator to 80KHz. I went into the J-Link Configuration and set the J-Link Speed to 80Khz. I get a message the connection failed.

Message deatils:
    EFM8 (C2): Connect failed and connected J-Link (S/N 44039725) does not support fallback method (firmware too old). Please get in touch with SEGGER

In Simplicity Studio I have Keil 8051 Toolchain (v9.53) running.

When micro is setup with 24MHz oscillator connection for debug works fine.

Is there a way to get the debugger to work when oscillator is setup at 80KHz.
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.

Could you please provide us with a screenshot of the FULL J-Link Commander output?
    Does it work when you set the speed to the default settings?
    Also you can find a troubleshooting guide here:
    wiki.segger.com/J-Link_cannot_…ty_using_J-Link_Commander

In the J-Link Configurator you can only set the max. SWO speed for the J-Link.

SWO is not even supported by 8051 cores, it is an ARM feature.

It does not influence the target side.

You can of course adjust the target interface speed, but that is also only the interface speed between target and J-Link.

If you need to change the CPU speed of your target or similar, you have to look into the manual of said target and write the necessary registers on target side.

Best regards,
    Fabian

EDIT:
    The support for this OB is provided by SiLabs directly. If you have any issues with it, you will either have to contact SiLabs or buy/use a SEGGER J-Link.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.