multiple windows handling

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• multiple windows handling

Hi everyone,
      I am creating a frame window using GUI builder in which I am having images,fonts.
      And also I have created another window for Numpad using example code.
      They can work independently, but I need to pop-up the numpad window when
      pressing a button and to make changes in the corresponding text or edit text window.
      How to do this ?
      Basically I need to handle multiple windows fastly ,please give me your suggestions.
    • Hi Sridhar,

you have to react on that button in your program and then show your numpad window. The simplest way to show a window would be to just call WM_HideWindow() and WM_ShowWindow(). But you could also move it in and out using an animation to give it a fancier look.

You can set up your own animation (see the chapter "Animations" in the manual) or use the functions GUI_MEMDEV_MoveInWindow() and GUI_MEMDEV_MoveOutWindow(), although they require a bit more memory, as these functions are using memory devices.

I've attached a sample demonstrating the use of these functions.

Best regards,

Florian
      Files
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • Hi Florian
      I have used your code as reference and got the output for moving in and out
      But I can't able to get this thing for my created dialog as numpad.
      I am getting the thing as an image rather than a numpad,
      I don't know why?
    • Hi
      I have made a simple beginning in multiple windows handling
      I will be using an icon-view from GUI builder and then by clicking
      that icon,I will show the NUMPAD window and on clicking the OK button
      on NUMPAD,I will hide the window using the default library functions of emwin.
    • Hi,

by the way, the shipment includes a sample with a numpad in a framewin. I hope you can benefit from this.

Best regards,

Florian
      Files
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.