creating virtual qwerty keypad

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• creating virtual qwerty keypad

Hi
      I have checked in GUI builder,there i don't see any virtual keypad like that.
      In my application I need to add virtual keyboard for entering data.
      Right now I have managed to get TEXTS,IMAGESetc in my code using GUI
      Builder.

How can I add virtual keyboard using emwin?
      please suggest me some answers.

Thanks
      R Sridhar
    • Hello.

Yes, you can create virtual keypad.
      It can be a window with set of buttons on it, and every button by clicking on it should send correspondent key using function GUI_StoreKeyMsg() or GUI_SendKeyMsg().
      I suppose there is no ready-to-use virtual keypad, you have to write this.

My own experience:
      1. It is better if every button on the virtual keypad will be unfocusable, use for this purpose the function BUTTON_SetFocussable(hButton, 0).
      2. In emWin 5.50 there is a new function WM_SetUntouchable(), you can use it to disable PID-reaction of all bottom lying windows except your current window which gets keys and your current virtual keypad.
      Best regards,
      Volodymyr.

The post was edited 4 times, last by volodymyr ().

• Hi Sridhar,

currently emWin doesn't offer a virtual keypad, but I've attached a ready-to-use keyboard with a small sample showing how to use it.

When clicking on the EDIT widget in the sample, the keyboard is opened. Alternatively, the keyboard is opened via the button in the bottom right corner of the screen.

Best regards,

Florian
      Files
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • SEGGER - Florian wrote:

Hi Sridhar,

currently emWin doesn't offer a virtual keypad, but I've attached a ready-to-use keyboard with a small sample showing how to use it.

When clicking on the EDIT widget in the sample, the keyboard is opened. Alternatively, the keyboard is opened via the button in the bottom right corner of the screen.

Best regards,

Florian
      HI Florian
      Thanks for the sample code.I have used your code as reference and made a GUI keyboard with numbers and alphabets,
      But I want to know whether it has edit text on this code?

Thanks
      R Sridhar
    • Hi,

not sure what you mean by "has edit text on this code?".

The example includes an EDIT widget which gets the the text of the pressed buttons. Before it can receive the input it needs the focus, just click on it.

Regards,
      Sven
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • sridhar6994 wrote:

why in keypad I cant able to change the default position of the cursor
      What do you mean "change the default position of the cursor"?

What kind of cursor?
      Cursor of keypad? It should not have any cursor. It contains only buttons.

If you mean the cursor of editable widget (EDIT or MULTIEDIT) so you should think in such manner, that you don't have a screen keypad, but only hardware keyboard.
      What you will do in this way, exactly you should do if you have screen keypad - it should send key codes only via function GUI_SendKeyMsg().
      And any other widgets or windows should think that they receive these key codes from hardware keyboard.

If you need the actions to move cursor to the left or to the right you should put two buttons to the keypad which will send the key codes GUI_KEY_LEFT and GUI_KEY_RIGHT.
      Best regards,
      Volodymyr.

The post was edited 1 time, last by volodymyr ().