[SOLVED] Is it possible to insert comments in a .jlink script?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Is it possible to insert comments in a .jlink script?

I have a mildly complex JLink.exe script that gets launched from a .bat file via

Source Code

1. start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\JLink\JLink.exe" -CommanderScript .\myscript.jlink
    ... and I'd like to make it so others (including my future self) can understand what's going on in myscript.jlink. Is there a way to insert comments into a jlink script?
  • rdpoor wrote:

I have a mildly complex JLink.exe script that gets launched from a .bat file via

Source Code

1. start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGGER\JLink\JLink.exe" -CommanderScript .\myscript.jlink
    ... and I'd like to make it so others (including my future self) can understand what's going on in myscript.jlink. Is there a way to insert comments into a jlink script?
    Hey rdpoor,
    Have you checked the example pre-installed JLink connect scripts? From memory they have comments in them, at least the Segger copyright notice should be commented out.
  • You can use C++ line comments "// Something" withing commander scripts with no problem.
    Example:

Source Code

1. // Set the device
    2. device xxx
    3. // Select the interface
    4. si SWD
    5. ...
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.