[SOLVED] J-Flash - CRC checksum does not compute as instructed

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Flash - CRC checksum does not compute as instructed

I'm using J-Flash 6.44e and when I deselect the UICR memory range, nothing changes with the CRC checksum. In fact, the log still says that it is using 3 ranges
    when it should be using only 1 range according to the configuration. I've tried saving the project and exiting the program many times. No change. A couple times
    it actually changed after closing the program and restarting. But I think this was random luck.

Log with some project info deleted:

Application log started
    - J-Flash V6.44e (J-Flash compiled Apr 5 2019 16:16:51)
    - JLinkARM.dll V6.44e (DLL compiled Apr 5 2019 16:15:03)
    Opening project file [C:\Users\...\nrf52810.jflash] ...
    - Project opened successfully
    Opening data file [C:\Users\...] ...
    - Data file opened successfully (5231 bytes, 3 ranges, CRC of data = 0xE453A72F, CRC of file = 0xDF27C783)
    Opening data file [C:\Users\...] ...
    - Data file opened successfully (5231 bytes, 3 ranges, CRC of data = 0xE453A72F, CRC of file = 0xDF27C783)

I would appreciate some work-around suggestions. Even a suggestion to a separate program for computing a CRC32 checksum for a firmware image.
    Images
    • j-link_prop_dialog.png

18.72 kB, 472×502, viewed 920 times
  • Hi,

Not sure what you are trying to do.
    Disabling a bank in flash does not change the CRC of your data file.
    The data file will still hold data for 3 ranges and therefore the same CRC.
    If you want to remove a region from the data file, you can go through the
    Edit -> Delete range...
    menu point. This will modify the ranges available in the data file and therefore also the CRC of the data file.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.