J-Flash - CRC checksum does not compute as instructed

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• J-Flash - CRC checksum does not compute as instructed

I'm using J-Flash 6.44e and when I deselect the UICR memory range, nothing changes with the CRC checksum. In fact, the log still says that it is using 3 ranges
      when it should be using only 1 range according to the configuration. I've tried saving the project and exiting the program many times. No change. A couple times
      it actually changed after closing the program and restarting. But I think this was random luck.

Log with some project info deleted:

Application log started
      - J-Flash V6.44e (J-Flash compiled Apr 5 2019 16:16:51)
      - JLinkARM.dll V6.44e (DLL compiled Apr 5 2019 16:15:03)
      Opening project file [C:\Users\...\nrf52810.jflash] ...
      - Project opened successfully
      Opening data file [C:\Users\...] ...
      - Data file opened successfully (5231 bytes, 3 ranges, CRC of data = 0xE453A72F, CRC of file = 0xDF27C783)
      Opening data file [C:\Users\...] ...
      - Data file opened successfully (5231 bytes, 3 ranges, CRC of data = 0xE453A72F, CRC of file = 0xDF27C783)

I would appreciate some work-around suggestions. Even a suggestion to a separate program for computing a CRC32 checksum for a firmware image.
      Images
      • j-link_prop_dialog.png

18.72 kB, 472×502, viewed 17 times
    • Hi,

Not sure what you are trying to do.
      Disabling a bank in flash does not change the CRC of your data file.
      The data file will still hold data for 3 ranges and therefore the same CRC.
      If you want to remove a region from the data file, you can go through the
      Edit -> Delete range...
      menu point. This will modify the ranges available in the data file and therefore also the CRC of the data file.