DropDown Widget Problems

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• DropDown Widget Problems

Hi,

I'm using a DropDown widget and have added 3 strings to the widget ("PA", "PSI", "BAR").
      The dropdown expands and closes just fine, however when I select the last option (BAR) and re-open the widget, it appears like the items have all shifted up one row.

I can no longer see the first entry and the last entry is now blank.

Any ideas as to why this behaviour would happen?

Pictures below show the problem
      Images
      • Dropdown1.PNG

232.02 kB, 353×317, viewed 582 times
      • Dropdown2.PNG

194.39 kB, 274×293, viewed 504 times
    • Hi htsmith19,

normally this happens if the y-size of the widget isn't big enough to display all the items. When this is the case, a white space is added to make up for that. And when this white space is clicked, the items move up.

Note that the y-size you give the DROPDOWN widget upon creation is the y-size of only the dropdown menu that pops up, meaning only the framed box without the button to open and close.

To fix this you could try to increase the y-size of the DROPDOWN widget. To calculate the optimal size, you have to add up the item height of all items (which is the height of the selected font) plus 2 pixels for the border.

Best regards,

Florian
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.