[SOLVED] Is J-Link PRO supporting multiple GDB Servers connected via Ethernet (i.MX6Q)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Is J-Link PRO supporting multiple GDB Servers connected via Ethernet (i.MX6Q)

Dear Community,

Please find the reproduction steps (i.MX6Q):

Power cycle the board
    Stop at U-Boot prompt

./JLinkGDBServerExe -select IP=192.168.2.72 -device MCIMX6Q6 -endian little -if JTAG -speed auto -noir -noLocalhostOnly

(gdb) target remote localhost:2331
    (gdb) hb *0x17800000
    (gdb) c

Boot Linux

GDB halts on the address:
    Breakpoint 1, 0x17800000 in ?? ()

At this point I do want to start the other instance of GDB Server (for Core #1):

./JLinkGDBServerExe -select IP=192.168.2.72 -device MCIMX6Q6 -endian little -if JTAG -speed auto -noir -noLocalhostOnly -scriptfile ~/work/J-Link-PRO/MCIMX6-core-1.JLinkScript -port 2334 -swoport 2335 -telnetport 2336 -logtofile -log ~/aaa.txt

Unfortunately, it is not possible (after following the above steps) to start
    multiple GDB server instances to use Ethernet as the connection medium.

However, I can start multiple instances with '-select USB' switch passed (instead
    of -select IP=).

Is the connection to multiple GDB Servers supported with ETH (IP=192.168.2.X) or
    is it only working via USB (J-Link PRO has both USB and ETH ports)?

Please find attached aaa.txt log file.

Note:
    The MCIMX6-core-1.JLinkScript is from
    linode.boundarydevices.com/jlink/MCIMX6-core-1.JLinkScript

With the above setup (debug steps) the guidelines/scripts from
    wiki.segger.com/I.MX6DQ
    are not working.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Files
    • aaa.txt

(2.17 kB, downloaded 365 times, last: )
  • We are currently working on a new multi-processing concept / solution which is expected to be completed in Q1/2020.
    This will then allow multiple connections via IP (if all come from the same host PC)
    For now, you are limited to 1 connection via IP.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.