[SOLVED] Forum as non support? How about your sale description

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Forum as non support? How about your sale description

On one (or few) of my threads, one of Segger's moderators or support, replied to my questions with :

This is still *not* at support forum! Please familiarize yourself with the forum rules before posting

I find this is nonsense as far as 'not a support forum' goes. Please look on what is printed on the page inside of my purchased Segger J-Link EDU unit, see photo attached.

You clearly see the terms : "Support", "given", "forum", and you see the link to this very forum I'm posting on. Putting this into the sentence, again : "Support is given via Segger forum:" ...

So, what moderator / support person wrote to me above, "This is *not* a support form!" seems to contradict what essentially is a sales term, as far as I understand it. Again, clearly says, it IS given. And see the exact forum URL.
    Is this not the URL we using?

I don't suppose there is more than one way to understand what that sentence shall imply? About giving support, and where ... (vs. direct support though support email , for example).

Also, please look at your website. Navigate / point to "Support" at the top of your page. In what expands, / drops down, Please find Forum. Clicking on it, you should end up on this forum.
    So , if this is _not_ a support forum, why does your website put it under < black on white, bang > "Support" ?

All in all I can't understand then why you reply to me that this is not a support forum, and why do you have this in your posts as signature. Really seems contradicts your terms.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

v01d wrote:

I find this is nonsense as far as 'not a support forum' goes. Please look on what is printed on the page inside of my purchased Segger J-Link EDU unit, see photo attached.
    Good catch. The EDU inserts have indeed not been updated yet and can lead to confusion with the "support" given in forum. The forum is and always was a community forum where the community can give each other advice and thus "support". As explained in the forum rules our engineers will try to answer questions that remained opened or could not be answered by the community, but the priority will obviously stay with our customers that bought our commercial grade tools and that thus have paid for support.
    The inserts will be updated accordingly and clarify this better.
    Same goes for the website.

One more thing, we noticed that you mentioned using a J-Link EDU in some of your posts for projects that on first glance do not sound like they are a hobbyist project or for educational purposes.
    If that is not the case please be reminded that using the J-Link EDU in any commercial context is illegal and violates its license terms. For more information see here:
    segger.com/products/debug-probes/j-link/models/j-link-edu/

If you are using this probe for commercial projects we strongly suggest to upgrade it to our commercial entry level probe J-Link Base or higher.
    You can also use our trade in program for this:
    segger.com/purchase/trade-in-program/

As the initial inquiry has been answered this thread will be closed now.

Best regards,

Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.