[SOLVED] ST-Link reflash issues

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] ST-Link reflash issues

Hi,

I recently attempted to convert the ST-Link from a STM32F411RE Nucleo board to a J-Link using the latest STLinkReflash utility. It appears to be functional as a J-Link however I have noticed some errors or odd behaviour:

1. The Nickname (and therefore USB device name) is set to "J-Link_Fà i!‰?ë@??ë" and cannot be edited with J-Link Configurator. I either get the error that the Nickname must be ASCII or that the value that I enter in the Nickname field is 'not a valid subnet mask'?!
    2. The reflash utility does not recognise the device to enable me to flash back to ST-Link

I would like the option to return the unit to ST-Link mode and am also concerned that the flashing process was not 100% successful, therefore there are other errors I have not yet encountered. What are the recovery options?

Thanks,
    Alex
  • Hi Alex,
    Thank you for your Inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.

We will try to reproduce this issue.

Question:

Could you provide us with reproduction steps for this issue?

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Ok a quick update. I just noticed that in the context menu of JLinkConfig there is the option to 'Reset config'. I chose that option and the corrupt nickname was cleared and I was able to set a new nickname.
  • Hello,

Great to hear that you are up and running again.
    It appears that the config area could not be programmed correctly for some reason.
    We will monitor this and see if it appears again or if this was just an unlucky coincidence.

This thread will be closed now.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.