[SOLVED] How to access multiple RTT channels from Telnet

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] How to access multiple RTT channels from Telnet

Hi,

I am on Linux receiving RTT channel 0 output (up link data from target point of view) by telnet to tcp port 19021 from JLinkGDBServerCL. It's working fine as long as I only use one channel. But I knew from inside the application I can setup additional RTT channels for used as independent streams, this is what I am looking for. But it seems that JLinkGDBServerCL only listen to tcp port, that is 19021, so I am wondering how can I get the channel 1,2 data from telnet?

I knew there is RTTViewer, but I cannot depend on it because I want to do some programming works on the data that I received from RTT in the real time. The other interesting things that I found is that a single RTT channel support multiplexing, but I think I have to firstly understand how it encodes multiple terminal's streams in one TCP stream before I can leverage it. I guess it would be some in-band command escaping, but anyway there is no a doc describing this.

Any clue or help would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

-woody
  • Hi woody,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

Please note that our TELNET implementation does not support other channels besides channel 0 yet.
    We will probably add this feature sometime in the future.

To be able to use other channels, you would need to use our SDK.
    segger.com/products/debug-prob…nk/technology/j-link-sdk/

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.