language changing using csv file binary format

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• language changing using csv file binary format

Hi,

In the code for language changing "WIDGET_MultiLanguageCSV" which is mentioned in samples. They have used the binary format of the csv file. Is that necessary??

If yes, then how to convert csv file into binary format??

Can I just create a excel of csv format and include in my program. If yes, please do let me know the process.
    • I tried something like this.

Please see the attachment.

Do I need to specifically convert the csv format into binary??
      if yes, how to convert any csv file into its binary format??
      If not, then how to read csv file in the code directly instead of binary format??
      Images
      • GUI_image2.PNG

51.39 kB, 915×571, viewed 284 times
    • Hi Arjuman,

no, a binary format is not necessary. You may also use a file reader (like the one in Windows.h) to load the csv data. There is an example of a _GetData() function doing this in the manual if you search for the function GUI_LANG_LoadTextEx().
      If you do want to convert something into binary format, you may use our tool Bin2C.exe shipped with emWin.

Best regards,

Florian
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • Hi,

yes. If you have any more questions, let me know.

Best regards,

Florian
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.